Cold brew tea and coffee has become incredibly popular as it REDUCES BITTERNESS and ACIDITY versus hot brews.
The secret lies in the delicate brewing process. Using hot water simply speeds up the extraction. However, hot water can enhance bitterness and acidity. Brewing at cold temperatures requires a much longer and delicate extraction, reducing bitterness and acidity. You can’t beat a cold brew coffee for refreshment and true coffee flavour.
And when it comes to tea, the Timemore Icicle, you can get creative with your tea ingredients and create delicious blends such as lemon, ginger, strawberry, rooibos, cascara. Just add it into the brew chamber and let it Icicle in cool water.
Why COLD BREW and NOT ICE COFFFE?
ICE COFFEE is simply hot coffee cooled down, retaining the levels of bitterness and acidity of hot brews. Cold brew coffee reduces bitterness and acidity (harshness), making them sweeter and tastier than ice coffee. The Timemore Icicle makes cold brew easy. It delivers a supremely clean cup, highlighting sweetness and other inherent coffee flavours noted by the roaster. The long strainer allows for maximum emersion and micro filters your brew.
Elegantly styled and made from luxurious materials ensure the Icicle is as good to look at as it is to use.
• Makes deliciously sweet and low acidity cold brew in 4-8 hours (some methods can take 24 hours)
• Elegant styling
• Luxurious build quality
• Built in nylon micro-filter so no disposable filters required
• Efficient emersion brewing. Longer but uses less coffee
• Easy to use
• Easy to clean
• Remove the lid and filter from the glass chamber
• Unlock the long filter from the lid by twisting
• Slide the top filter from the filter basket
• Add ingredients to the filter basket (coffee tea, fruit, essence etc.)
• For cold brew coffee, use 30-35g of coarsely/plunger grind coffee to the basket (between sugar and course sea salt)
• Replace the top filter and lock filter back in place
• Pour about 500ml of filtered cold water into the bottle
• Screw the brewing camber back onto the bottle
• Place in fridge for 4-8 hours
• Remove the brew chamber from the lid and place lid back onto bottle
• Pour and store by screwing lid for a water tight seal.
• Capacity: 2 cups, makes 400-450 ml of cold brew or tea
• Materials: Frosted Borosilicate glass (crystal-like toughened glass), stainless steel lid and BPA free plastic inner screw thread, nylon
• Height: 260mm
• Diameter: 80mm
• Weight: 370g
• Glass bottle is machine washable
• Handwash the brew chamber, filters, and lid
• 1-year warranty