The Coffee Experience
Join us at our "Coffee Experience Bar" and explore the wonderful world of coffee through your taste buds. Experience amazing coffees from all over the world, a range of different manual brew methods and go down the rabbit hole of making espresso.
Our bar is fully equipped with a range of coffee brewers like the Chemex, V60, Smart Dripper, Siphon and a dedicated Rancilio Silvia Pro X espresso machine, Rancilio Stile Grinder and other accessories like Timemore temperature controlled pouring kettles, a Mahlkonig grinder and Bibo hot water dispenser. Everything required to create a unique coffee experience
What is included in the package:
1. The Coffee experience - Approx 1 hour
2. A Discount voucher for 10% discount on any coffee or coffee equipment bought on the day (Excludes coffee machines and electric grinders)
3. Samples of the coffee/s tasted
Description of events:
1. Taste Experience - We brew three different coffees for you using the same brew method so that you can experience the different flavours from the different origins. We discuss the characteristic flavour profiles from the different origins, the flavour notes of each coffee as well as the process of identifying flavours using the flavour wheel.
2. The Brew Methods Experience (Nr.1) - We brew using the same coffee on 3 different brew methods - We use a V60, Chemex and Smart Dripper to experience how each of the different brew methods creates a different flavour experience. We explain the difference in the devices used, how they work and how they influence the flavours.
3. Espresso Basics - This experience takes you for a quick trip down the rabbit hole of making the perfect espresso shot. We take a quick look at the history of Espresso coffee, what makes espresso brewing different from other brew methods and you require to make a good espresso. We do a tasting session of three espresso - two incorrectly brewed and one correctly brewed espresso.
4. The Brew Methods Experience (Nr.2) - We brew the same coffee using only immersion style brewing. We will brew with a plunger, Siphon and an Aeropress® to experience how each of the different brew methods creates a different flavour experience. We explain the difference in the devices used, how they work and how they influence the flavours.
5. The Espresso Experience - We draw you into the amazing world of espresso by demonstrating the and tasting the various classic espresso beverages like ristretto, espresso, lungo as well as the new kid on the block - the turbo shot. We will discuss the differences between these beverages as well as the preparation of each beverage.
We will add new experiences going forward - We will also have guest presenters who are experts in their field presenting some of the experiences.
Ad Hoc Group events:
You can also book group events at other times by contacting us on 0126532923(Landline & Whatsapp) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org