The Gaggia Accademia is Gaggia's newly launched flagship model and with good reason. The Accademia is not only beautiful to look at, it is also loaded with features. It also has excellent build quality and finishes.
Gaggia has been making coffee machines since the early 1930's and has a long and rich history in coffee. The modern way of making espresso was developed by the founder, Achille Gaggia! You read more about the history of Gaggia here
What makes the Accademia unique?
On the outside: The Accademia has a capacitive touch screen and a rotary dial that works together beautifully to select and make adjustments. The outer casing is made of powder coated stainless steel and the front of the machine is finished in glass. The Accademia also has a cup warmer with its own element and it has a programmable timer for warming up your cups so that they are warm by the time you want to make your coffee.It has a steam wand for those who wants to dabble in milk steaming and latte art as well as a self cleaning automatic milk frothing system. Finally it is one of the few machine that can fit a Travel mug under the coffee spout!
On the inside: The grinder of an espresso machine is always essential to making great coffee. The Accademia's grinder has eight grind settings and has ceramic burrs that ensures that heat build up is minimal resulting in improved taste of your coffee. At the heart of the machine is Gaggia's new redesigned, removable brew unit with an 11.5g capacity.
Milk system: The Accademia has a few unique elements to it milk frothing system. Firstly it offers you the choice between using the steam wand to froth your milk yourself or you can opt to use the automatic built in frothing system. The Automatic system has a unique froth density adjustment allowing you to make anything from a proper flat white to thick and foamy cappuccino. The milk system self cleanses after use by blowing hot water through the system to get rid of any milk residue.
Making coffee: This is what it is all about, is it not? The Accademia again does not disappoint. Apart from the ceramic, adjustable grinder and the brew unit's 11.5 g capacity the Accademia has a few more tricks up its sleeve. First there is the flow control knob(Espresso Plus system) which you can regulate the flow rate of the water through the coffee. The slower it flows the more exctraction takes place and vice versa. The machine has five different strength settings, three pre-infusion settings, adjustable espresso shot size. The Caffé boost option will add a ristretto shot to your drink for extra flavour and aroma.
Gaggia Accademia Features & Specifications
- Stainless steel housing and details
- Refined black glass mirror façade
- Heavy Zama metal removable brewing head
- Backlit signature Gaggia red line and control panel details
- Premium-feel rotary knobs with enhanced grip
- Premium-feel rotating knobs with a special texture that enhances the grip while scrolling
- 5’’ wide full-color, touch-screen display with 3D icons • Support information system to guide the making of beverages
- Selection of 19 Beverages
- QR Code to easily access and download the user manual
- Professional stainless steel steam wand to obtain a sweet and rich microfoam for latte art
- Ergonomic, compact and removable integrated milk carafe for one-touch beverages
- Adjustable brewing head to fit different kinds of cups and glasses, from 110 mm (4,33’’) to 155 mm (6,10’’)
- Espresso Plus System knob to personalize the body and crema of your coffee on 3 levels
- Active cup warmer with timer to get your cups ready when you prefer
- Easy to access cleaning functions and cycles
- Multi-sensory user interface
- 4 capacitive backlit buttons to access directly to the main functions: on/off, home, cleaning & settings, purge
- Voltage: 220V~240V
- Power: 1900W
- Easy operation - Plug in & Brew
- 1 Year carry-in warranty
Still not sure: Watch the review by Wholelattelove below and see the Accademia in action.
Delivery Leadtime: 3-5 days
All our deliveries are handled by a third party courier company.
Once a package is collected from our premises we have no control over delivery times, delays and cannot make any special arrangements with the couriers.
Please ensure that you provide the correct contact details and delivery address when placing the order.
Please ensure that there will be someone to accept the package on your behalf at the address provided, during working hours.
Our couriers do not deliver over weekends.
Please note that orders are not processed over weekends.
Orders are processed the first working day after your order was placed.
We attempt to ship all packages within 24 hours after receiving orders.
We strive to deliver your order as soon as is possible but do not guarantee specific delivery times.